Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Never say or think "I know"

Today I met a good friend of mine from my early days at my first start-up. I wanted his advice regarding how to conduct effective marketing using a modest budget.

He gave me a lot of good feedback (I will probably add on this in another post). The main point I wish to share is that while speaking to him, many mistakes that I have made (ones which I should have known) simply appeared on the table and in retrospect they were obvious. Luckily enough everything is easy to fix.

My main point is this:
Always check your doing with another person outside of your company. We all live in some kind of a box and we are all trapped in what we think we know. Many times we do know the answer, but it is always worthy to check and outsider opinion, even if s/he is not considered to be an expert

1 comment: